Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Arthritis + Skirts = I'm a Sexy Old Lady?

This is probably the first year in my twenty-four year existence in which I actually did my taxes before the Oh-Shit-I-Forgot-About-My-Taxes Day hits. Guess how much money I made last year? Well I won't tell you. I will tell you that, fuuuuuu-I'm poor.

I checked one box wrong and I owed money. Un-check it and Uncle Sam is sending me some. Yay for me.

Knitting lately has been strictly yarn bomb related. I have fifty million pieces to do, and it feels like I'm the only one doing them. In fact, I think I AM the only one doing them. My Right Hand Woman should be living in town this summer, so that'll help.

In the meantime, I'll just work on getting arthritis by making holiday scarves in the middle of March.

Fun fact: I own four times as many skirts as I do pants. And probably three times as many heels as flats. I have mad ridiculous amounts of weird clothes, and I wear the same six outfits over and over again. I'm a notorious sale-hound and cheapskate. So, a lot of these are $1.98 items from the thrift store, but still. Why do I keep buying all this crazy shit if I'm not going to wear it?

I have a bright blue cowgirl skirt. Tag says "Cowboy Corral, Louisville, KY." True story.

I should do one of those month-long fashion experiments I keep seeing on the blogosphere. Title it "I'm Finally Wearing Skirts!" or "How The Fuck Did This End Up In My Closet?!"

I bought boots at the downtown thrift store yesterday. When I got them out, the boyfriend said, "Don't you have boots just like that... only a little shorter?" I looked at the boots, and back at him. "My other boots are waaay too short to wear with something other than jeans." Obviously.

That's not ridiculous, is it?





(It really is. Also, I have a pair of jeans that I keep specifically for boot-wearing-days. What is wrong with me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment